Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week 9 Thing 23

I MADE IT!! I'm so excited to say that I finished this. It was a great educational experience and I'm glad BCPL made this opportunity available to us. Whether we want to admit it or not, change is RAPIDLY coming to us. Technology is the wave of the future and if we expect to meet the needs of our customers we're going to have be techno savy. The teens and twenty-somethings are already so knowledgeable in this area it's scary. We've got to at least understand the terminolgy they use when talking to us. My own kids (all 20-something) are so impressed that I have my own blog and can actually carry on a conversation about YouTube, flickr, etc.

After taking part in these exercises I can honestly say that I'm still not proficient in the use of many of these tools--but I'm a whole lot more knowledgeable than I was 9 weeks ago. I look forward to making more use of ZohoWriter, GoogleDocs and my bloglines. I intend to go back and work more on the LibraryThing and to become more familiar with sites on the Web2 awards list. I had fun creating an Avatar and playing with FDToys. Probably some of my best feelings for this program are those generated from interacting with the NO staff as we all worked on the 23 Things. We shared laughter, frustration, support and knowledge; it was a great bonding experience. Many, many thanks to Donna H. as she helped us all navigate the "Things"--I couldn't have done it so successfully without her.

I would take part in another discovery program in a minute. It was an excellent learning experience--I just wouldn't go in believing that it only takes 1/2 hour per week to participate!! Thank you for making this possible.

No comments: