Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week 9 Thing 22

Last year I spent a significant amount of time working with downloadable audiobooks because of my assignments for LATI. I understand the value of this offering and have recommended it to customers--especially ones who spend a large part of their day in the car and say they have listened to a large part of BCPL's collection in their particular areas of interest. My problem with downloadables is that they can't be downloaded on the PCs at work--and I have dial-up at home. Do you know how many HOURS it takes to download on dial-up??! In addition, I couldn't/wouldn't SIT near a computer to listen to a book and I don't (YET) own an MP3. I can't borrow my son's iPod because it's not compatible. I DO believe in the usefulness of this offering--I just think it needs to be more customer friendly. (Or I need to re-evaluate my priorities and spend more money on technologic gadgetry!)

No comments: