Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Week 6 Thing 14

Technorati is real proof that blogging is becoming a VERY popular activity and Technorati seems to make the blog-search quicker and more efficient. After reviewing some of the top searches, top blogs and tags I'm forced to reconcile myself to the fact that I'll never make it to "omnivore". There's just too much information and technology out there and it's changing too fast (and I have to be honest enough to say that I just don't care about alot of it! I will make sure I'm aware of it, but I can't see myself spending hours immersed in it). At this point in time, I can see the value of blogging for some of my work-related information (like the CCD blog), but I prefer my social interfacing to be more "real" face to face. (Guess my age is showing!!)

To find my own blog I had to do an advanced search to get it to appear--but then there it was in all its glory! I didn't mind it not coming up in the basic search because I don't have a need for people (strangers) to read my work! I like my privacy.

1 comment:

Homer said...

O.K. Chips & Dips, I just love your polka dot dress and your kitchen is just beautiful. I agree with you. I like the face to face communication too...